Hola, todos!
I am returning to the continent that contains the world's southernmost city, the world's largest river system and boasts to be the fourth largest continent (in size and population) (which perhaps isn't quite as impressive). I'm stoked!
This time I'm headed to the country that boasts the point furthest from the center of the Earth (Mt. Chimborazo, further than Everest because of bulges at the equator), 4,500 species of butterflies, 1,640 species of birds, 345 species of reptiles, 357 species of amphibians. 258 species of mammals, and a single Olympic gold medal, won in 1996 in the Men's 20km walk- this country being ECUADOR!
(disclaimer: all facts were found quickly on the internet and I cannot guarantee any measures of accuracy)
I'll be interning with an NGO based in Quito called Yanapuma (check out the website: yanapuma.org) that supports sustainable development initiatives in indigenous communities primarily, and I'll be in Ecuador from 1 June until 9 August. Because of popular demand, I decided to stick with the blog format for keeping family and friends updated. I can't guarantee any sort of regularity due to uncertain internet conditions, but I'll try to assure everyone of my safety and live status as frequently as possible.
Comments are not only appreciated and encouraged, but will also be mandatory to ensure continued blogging.
Que disfruten el verano y que estén super bien...stay well and enjoy the summer!
con amor-
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Okay, I know this hasn't gone live yet but obvio I need to be the first one to comment. Because we all know that the comments are the only things that keep us blogging. And by "we all" and "us," I mean specifically the two of us.
Thanks for your introductory posting as well as the highly questionable facts. Did you know that 54.3% of statements found on the internet are actually inaccurate? I didn't think so.
Here is to another great journey: with good health, lots of learning, as well as the all-important helping of others:
Salud y amor y tiempo para disfrutarlo
Iechyd da
Cheers
Skål
A votre sante
Gunde Schinde Furvur
L'Chaim!
etc.
It's true that 54.3% of statements found on the Internet are actually inaccurate.
What you may not know is that 98.6% of statements found in anonymous postings are inaccurate. The difference between 98.6 and 54.3 is 44.3. Offsetting the same 44.3% from the original inaccuracy rate of 54.3% yields 10%.
Therefore, 90% of Michelle's postings are accurate. So there. Nyah nyah nyah.
Michelle, please let us know which 10% of your postings are inaccurate. Thank you!
Michelle! I'm very excited for you and your return to South America. You're spanish skills will be out of control after an additional summer there, and of that I'm jealous. Have an amazing time!
Post a Comment