There's a lot of things I like about Portland (trees, water, bikes, books, FOOD) but none of those matter in airports quite as much as free wi-fi. So my current favorite thing about the city that I am leaving for 2.33 months is the commitment to keeping people in instantaneous contact (the word people not being as broad as it may sound and referring instead to only those spending large amounts of times in airports with laptops that can pick up wi-fi signals). Aside from communication technology access, the lady at the Delta check-in desk informed me that though the airline is only allowing one bag free of charge on domestic flights, because my final destination is international, I was able to check my second bag free of charge! PDX has always treated me well. Now I only have my tiny backpack, not to be confused with the grande version that I purchased earlier- I am living la vida rica. There were also minimal lines all over, maybe high oil prices really have affected people's traveling schedule.
I have a five hour layover in Los Angeles and almost three hours in Bogota, but unfortunately, I can't anticipate free wi-fi (or wi-fi of any variety) in either city, so I'll announce my safe arrival at the end of my journey. Much love-
M
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment