Quito greetings!
I have returned to the land of altitude, from the land of sea level. 10 hours in bus later (listening to Backstreet Boys on the bus speakers and making artesania by flashlight while eating vanilla wafers) we are in a hostel in the Old Town and my stomach is content after eating my favorite breakfast of bread, eggs, cheese, tree tomato huice and chocolatico. We're going to meet up with a Chilean friend passing through Quito, and then hang with my Yanapuma buddies for the evening, which will be a nice break from solitary beachfront nights desperately searching for amigos. As usually happens, our last two hours there we managed to befriend the man who sold us some beads, and also ran into a nerdy French friend from the last time we were in Quito in a hostel. Additionally, more people arrived in our hostel just as we left. Thankfully, there are guaranteed amigos here in Quito.
I hope everyone is doing well wherever you are. I leave in three days (what?!) and will be home on the 10th. Miraculously, I have avoided all sicknesses (except fatigue from 3am buses), so no worries about my health either (though I may return home with parasites from Bua).
much love love love
M
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I posted a comment yesterday, but it's gone. Will your mom accept a late comment if I say, "The blog ate my comment"?
Anyway, we are all looking forward to your return tomorrow night. Have a safe journey.
Post a Comment