Monday, July 7, 2008

FOTOS!














I know some people may be skeptical of my ability to guard valuable items, what with my bad luck with i-pods, backpacks and cameras, but on this trip, I have not only managed to keep sand out of my camera, but I have also managed to protect it from any other ailments AND take pictures with it! To celebrate the miraculous fact that my camera and I are working so beautifully as a team, I thought I'd post a few pictures. As usual, I have no idea in which order they'll pop up, but they should be easily recognizable.

There should be a view of Quito from one of the many levels of the Basilica.
Another should be my tree house at the Finca Sarita.
A fino de aroma cacao mazorca should be pretty obvious.
There's a picture of panela, a non-refined sugar cane product that we helped to make at the Finca.
And there should be a river, the River Shinope in Bua where I bathed for a week.
Also, a picture of Mattieu and I in my favorite mode of transportation, a truck bed.
And of the mercado abierto in Sangolqui where we ate more granadillas than I thought it was humanly possible to do.
There's one of Noémie, me, and Mattieu at the Cascadas Grandes in Molinuco after our trek.
There should be one of the perezoso/sloth/manza that comes by Shinope (the cultural center) in Bua every night
And there should be one with a lovely golden haze of the group of us in Canoa after a long day of reading, surfing, and sleeping.
Finally, there should be a picture of the surfers with our surf boards (soooo hard! i only got up once!)
aaaaaand finally a last picture of us returning from Canoa in truck with one of the nicest Ecuatorian families who refused our money.

besos y cariño a todos-
M

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the photos! Thank you for sharing them. They really help me picture a tad what you are experiencing. How big is a cacao bean?

Anonymous said...

Your pictures were awesome. They were not only crisp and sharp, they had no evidence of sand whatsoever. Also, they were beautiful and entertaining.

Having said all this, am I the only one that feels that you are displaying some genuine rage while holding up the surfboard?

Rachel Stoler said...

oops. I was at Target today and bought this really cute dress and thought it looked familiar, and turns out you bought it too. I think you're wearing it in the last picture. At least we don't go to the same school, so it's totally fine. And plus, everyone here will see me wearing it first, so they'll think you stole my fashion ideas. Take that, sucka.

Get out of Ecuador and come over here so we can celebrate 21 in 10 days.

PS: I reminded Dad to start saving up for the ice cream he's going to owe me.