Greetings from Mindo, next destination Latacunga. Mindo is gorgeous- I hate to say it, but the birds really are kind of cool, and there are lots of butterflies. We did a great hike yesterday, and I ended up jumping off a rock into the lake beneath- super tall, and I was super scared but it was totally worth it. It was also raining and kind of cold, but I think that added to the adrenaline rush. Alvaro and I have also discovered that the best days begin with a pizza for breakfast, though people in Mindo seem to find this a strange concept. I´m also staying in a cabin that seems to have its own personal jungle just outside- I wish I could upload pictures to show y´all, but hopefully I´ll have some time once we´re back in Quito again. Next stop- Latacunga, home of the Quilotoa lake (and cold weather). Are blackberries still in season in Washington? I get sad every time I think about the fruit I´m missing out on, though I´ve been eating (and drinking, jugo style) my fair share of tropical fruits.
besos y abrazos para todos- much love, and stay well
M
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment