Sunday, July 27, 2008

observadores de aves

Hola from Quito for the umpteenth time...I am still safe and not sick, which should make worrying family members feel better! We went to Otovalo where there is a famous artensan market and spent way too much money but I am now the proud owner of a pair of bright orange pants with stripes.

Later today we´re going to jet off to Mindo to do some birdwatching (kidding, Rach) and hopefully do some canyoning. From there, it´s further south to do the Latacunga loop (supposedly beautiful with incredible landscapes and the highlight is a lake called Quilotoa) and then possibly back to the coast for sun.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the summer. Nanny, thanks for the picture of some of the male cousins- everyone is so tall! It was great to see family again.

much love to all
M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is well. I'm jealous of going to the market. We almost traveled there, but journeyed to Banos instead (nice trade off, I thought). Hope you have a delightful time visiting all sorts of lovely sites. Nanny and Papa will be here this week and we may go off on an adventure or two. (Pomeroy House, tram, Bishop's Close, POWELLS!) We can't wait to see you. Hugs to Alvaro.

Rachel Stoler said...

Don't forget your binoculars and your socks to wear with your Tevas. And a visor to wear with your Hawaiian shirt. And Alvaro needs to wear cargo shorts with too many pockets.

Looooove